Friday, August 28, 2009

the hurt

Everyday gets harder and harder...I just want my husband back. I know this is not possible but oh what I wouldn't give to have him here. The pain is so strong and hurts so bad. I want Derek here with me, I do not want anything else and I feel at times that nothing else will do.

On that awful day, I lost so much....
I lost my best friend
I lost my lover
I lost my partner
I lost my soulmate
I lost my husband

I lost my personal chef
I lost my driver
I lost my listener
I lost my teacher
I lost my helper
I lost my dog walker

I lost my doctor
I lost my meterologist
I lost my funeral director, that is for you buddy
I lost my car man
I lost my grocery shopper

I lost my drinking buddy
I lost my singing buddy
I lost my beach buddy
I lost my porch sitting buddy
I lost my buddy

I lost half of my heart. But I am so thankful for everything that Derek taught me and showed me in those short 2 years I had him in my life. My life will never be the same because of the love between a husband and wife that we shared. We shared so much in such a short time and I am forever grateful for every second of it. I would give anything to have it all back and one day I will see that precious man again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment