Monday, September 14, 2009

another "sign"

I have so much to say...tonight as usual...but I am only going to write one story to get it out...

I worked last night and my good friend Carla very strangely asked me..." Do you have Derek's watch?" And I thought it was strange but answered her, yes it is on the dresser, I loved his watch. And I told her how much I loved his watch...it is something that he always had on him and it was very "catching" for lack of a better word. I remember very vividly sitting in his old office and always noticing his "big" watch. Weird, I am sure...but I loved his watch.

Well as the story goes...Carla's sister in law works in the ED where Derek went and apparently his watched stopped the moment he left this earthly body for the Heavens. ODD...

So this morning...I couldn't wait to get home and check and see if his watch was working...it was...I guess that is another sign from my God that it is ok and time and my life will keep going on even without the love of my life...what a great reminder that in time...I will be ok.

I went to my first support group session tonight...it was just a meet/greet thing and we actually start next week...I think it is going to be very helpful for me.

2 comments:

  1. I was connected to your blog through Kelly's Korner prayer blog. I had tears streaming down my face when reading your posts. I love that you still have faith in God. I am commited to praying for you and your broken heart. I am inspired by your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Brave of you Melissa to attend a support group and get the help and support you need...I am sure it will be wonderful to be in a place with people who can really understand what you are going through

    ReplyDelete